A few years ago I was in a shopping area and my car would not start. Fortunately there was one of those “rare “ to find service stations right in the area. The mechanic came over and declared, “ Lady, you have no power because your gas tank is empty. You are out of fuel.”
We, as believers in Christ, have fuel that powers our spirits. It is referred to as zeal in Scripture. Of course our power source is the indwelling Holy Spirit but one of our responses to that spirit is zeal.
What steps can we take to be sure our spiritual tank is not empty and powerless when we have a chance to speak a word of the Lord or when we face the multitude of challenges that arise in our lives?
- Praise and worship Him. (Hebrews 13:15)
- Calm our fears. (Philippians 4:6)
- Make a priority of spending time with Him daily both in prayer and studying His word. (Psalm 119:11 and I Peter 3:15)
- Sit under anointed teaching.
- Have a trusted prayer partner or spiritually mature person who will hold us to Godly attitudes and behavior.
Following these steps we have fuel in our spiritual tank so we are prepared to speak for Him and minster His life as we have opportunity. We will be zealous for the Lord and that will influence the ones to come after us in our generational line.
© Peggy Park